Last updated 16 April 2014
Your privacy is important to us. This privacy statement provides information about the personal information that the Sharjah Investment and Development Authority (Shurooq) collects, and the ways in which we use that personal information.
Personal information collection
Shurooq may collect and use the following kinds of personal information:
- information about your use of this website (including content consumption, browsing behaviours and demographics).
- information that you provide using for the purpose of registering with the website (including your name, email address, contact details, demographic information and other information that you volunteer)
- information that you provide for the purpose of subscribing to the website services (including your name, email address, contact details, demographic information and other information that you volunteer);
- any other information that you send to Shurooq.
Using personal information
Shurooq may use your personal information to:
- administer this website;
- personalize the website for you;
- enable your access to and use of the website services;
- supply to you services that you purchase;
- send to you statements and invoices;
- collect payments from you; and
- send you marketing communications.
Where Shurooq discloses your personal information to its agents or sub-contractors for these purposes, the agent or sub-contractor in question will be obligated to use that personal information in accordance with the terms of this privacy statement.
In addition to the disclosures reasonably necessary for the purposes identified elsewhere above, Shurooq may disclose your personal information to the extent that it is required to do so by law, in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings, and in order to establish, exercise or defend its legal rights.
Securing your data
Shurooq will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
Shurooq will store all the personal information you provide on secure servers.
Cross-border data transfers
Specifically, the personal information that you provide to us through this website is processed in the USA, Canada, UK and the United Arab Emirates. It may be transferred to other third parties, such as agents or sub-contractor, as described in this privacy statement. We will take steps to ensure that your personal information will be afforded the level of protection required of us under applicable data protection legislation and this Policy.
You agree to such cross-border transfers of personal information.
Updating this statement
You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are familiar with any changes.
This website contains links to other websites.
Shurooq is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of any third party.
Questions and Feedback
We welcome your questions, comments and concerns about privacy.
The Sharjah Investment and Development Authority (Shurooq)
Tel: ++971 6 556 0777
This document was created using a Contractology template available at http://www.freenetlaw.com.